Saturday, November 17, 2007

Grandma's Easy-Cheeseycake

Sadly, I haven't posted a recipe since the summer. I was so busy managing The Dana Files, writing various posts at other blogs and trying to keep the house in order that I neglected a lot of other tasks. This blog is one of them.

With Thanksgiving just days away, I've been thinking a lot about turkey, mashed potatoes, apple pie and my favorite, blueberry torte. My dad loves my recipe and has asked me to bring it to Thanksgiving dinner. It's kind of my thing. I usually make it without being asked.

Here's one of the many versions of the classic dessert (I rotate between several). This recipe was given to me by my grandma Alice several years ago.

Grandma's Easy-Cheeseycake

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c. melted butter
3 tsp. sugar
16 oz. marshmallows
3/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
16 oz. cream cheese
1 pt. whipping cream
1-21 oz. can blueberry pie filling

Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with cracker crumbs, butter and sugar (mixed together). Melt marshmallows in milk and cool; add vanilla. Beat cream cheese until creamy; add cooled marshmallow mixture and beat again. Blend in 1 pint of whipping cream, whipped. Poor into crust and refrigerate overnight. Top with blueberry pie filling and chill until ready to serve.

No comments: