Saturday, September 27, 2008

Belly Hungry For Sure

For the last 18 months, my husband and I have been trying to conceive our second child with no success. Because of my diagnosis of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) getting pregnant is difficult for me. Part of the problem is that I'm overweight, a symptom of PCOS. Even while I was exercising regularly, eating healthier foods and making better health choices, the weight came off in phases, and I often hit plateaus.

After reading some books about PCOS, I discovered that the low-carb lifestyle is the best natural treatment to alleviate my symptoms and hopefully reverse my condition and jumpstart ovulation. Many of you know that I tried the Atkins diet in 2003, and lost 40 pounds which helped me to get pregnant with Dawson in January of 2004.

While I'm not ready to go drastic Atkins again, I am trying to follow the South Beach diet and to incorporate the healthy choices I've been making into my new, healthier lifestyle.

Since I'm too busy to post regularly about this journey on The Dana Files, I decided to hijack my food/recipe blog (this here Belly Hungry) and post updates here. It's quite funny because this Belly Hungry title couldn't be more right for this new weight loss adventure.

Let the journey begin!

No comments: