Saturday, September 27, 2008

Induction - Day One

Okay. So it's Day 1 of the Modified Atkins/South Beach/Low Carb Journey. We'll call it the Induction Phase, because I'm more familiar with Atkins than South Beach. This is the phase that lasts two weeks, to jumpstart weight loss.

Today I ate the following:

Breakfast
2 hard boiled eggs - 2 carbs
2 baby carrot sticks - 2.5 carbs

Lunch
2 cups mixed greens - 2 carbs
1 cup alfalfa sprouts - 1 carb
2 T. salad dressing - 2 carbs
1 c. cucumber - 1 carb
splash of lemon juice - 0 carbs
1 t. bacon pieces - 0 carbs
1/4 c. cheese - 1 carb

Dinner
8 oz. lean sirloin beef steak - 0 carb
1 small steamed red onion - 4 carbs
1 oz. cheddar cheese slices - 1 carb

4- 8 oz glasses water
1 - 16 oz glass of water with crystal light flavoring

Surprisingly, I didn't feel as hungry as I thought I would. Each time a craving for carbs came on, I slammed a glass of water, or Crystal Light flavored water. That seemed to make me feel like I was getting sugar. It's a good weight to trick the taste buds, since CL has no carbs or sugar.

No comments: